Thursday, December 31, 2015

Cockatoo Christmas Cards

Before we actually end up in the new year, I'm squeezing a few minutes of time to post the last of the Christmas cards I designed in 2015. 

For these cards I was given a beautiful photograph of a Carnaby Cockatoo, taken outside the client's house, and turned it into a pseudo-woodcut illustration in Photoshop for a graphic look. (I should add that I didn't use a filter, I drew it out carefully, as I would if I was really doing a wood or lino cut (if I had the space/materials/strong wrist/time) I added chunky text behind to fill up the empty space while keeping everything simple and uncluttered, so that the cockatoo stood out.


I threw these together very quickly, before the clients left for a photography holiday to Antarctica (from which they returned with many more fabulous bird photos) and were out of reliable contact. We got them printed at Moo, in two colour-ways. I think they look quite striking!



Adobe Photoshop CC2015 with a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 and a Wacom Intuos 5.
6 to 7 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...