Sunday, March 12, 2017

Summer Rains

I was feeling a bit uninspired by Colour Collective's 'Opal Grey' prompt, probably because I had just done koalas the week before, and they are grey. 

I started off drawing a very muddy princess in a yellow dress, jumping in puddles with an equally muddy dog.... but I was having a very bad drawing day. So I jettisoned that, rather than frustrate myself by forcing it to work. We had had some very unseasonable rain (about 120mL in one day, when the February average is more like 20mL for the whole month) so I decided to draw a little grey mouse enjoying stormy skies. And I kept the yellow!


I love how green and lush everything gets after summer rains!
Also, I want that umbrella.

Adobe Photoshop CC on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...