Monday, July 10, 2017

Something Gothic

For Colour Collective's 'Licorice' prompt, I decided to go a bit gothic. And I didn't want to spend too much time with linework, as I'd been doing very detailed linework of landscape scenes for a year 4 geography program all week, and I'd had it with linework and grasses. =P 


So this is almost entirely done with the lasso tool and a big textured brush (Kyle T Webster's Gouache a Go Go). I just added a tiny bit of linework at the end, to make sure things stood out enough. It was cathartic. 

I was inspired, oddly enough, by a photograph in the national geographic of someone surrounded by red bouquets of incense sticks. I realise I moved about as far away from that as possible. =P 

Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2. About 2.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...