Thursday, September 7, 2017

Some Bollywood Portraits

The other day, through a roundabout way, I found myself looking at photos from vintage Bollywood films. And I decided to sketch one:


This is Madhubala. Not a very good likeness. =P I sketched her on my father's iPadPro in about half an hour.

I was using Procreate, which recorded my process, but skipped some of it, for some reason. Here's a look at that:

A post shared by Alison Mutton (@alene.art) on


The next day I thought I'd do another. So this is Laxmi Chhaya:


Again, not the best likeness. And again, Procreate didn't record all of my process. Odd. (You'll need to swipe over for the video)

A post shared by Alison Mutton (@alene.art) on


A few days later I was feeling really terrible with a flare-up of my trigeminal neuralgia, and while I wasn't planning on another sketch portrait, I couldn't get my brain to focus on anything where I had to think. So I drew Nimmi:


This time I did get Procreate to record the whole process. (Again, swipe over for the video)

A post shared by Alison Mutton (@alene.art) on

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...