Sunday, November 26, 2017

Shakespearean Kitty

"The breaking of so great a thing should make a greater crack."


A quick little piece for Colour Collective - for the 'Old Lace' prompt. Obviously this really required a detailed treatment of an Elizabethan ruff.... but I required not to spend too long on it. So this is what we have. 

The quote is from Anthony and Cleopatra, and I have no idea what it's referring to, never having read that play. I just searched for a quote that would work with the image. My knowledge of Shakespeare is patchy. I'm good on the tragedies, from highschool, and from proof-reading my friend Makenzi's various theses, from Bachelors all the way up to PhD. And I'm good on a few comedies, because I like the comedies. But histories.... nope. I got nothin'.   

Adobe Photoshop CC2017 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.
A couple of hours. I was not having a good drawing day. Sometimes you get a day like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...