Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Makeover

I did this piece for Colour Collective's 'Laurel Green' prompt. I can't say I'm all that keen on it, but sometimes that's the way things are...


It was a redo of a very quick sketch I did last year, but I don't think it's an improvement... so maybe I'll revisit it again next year, and do better! It wasn't so bad as linework, but it went downhill when I added the colour, and lost all its energy. However, we live and learn, and we can't draw perfectly 100% of the time. Next time I'll do better! I'll just treat this latest version as a second draft,


Here's the linework. I think it works much better than the coloured version, although there's still a lot I'm not happy with:


I still think the concept has potential to be expanded, so maybe one day. =)

Adobe Photoshop CC2018 on a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro
The original sketch was done in Adobe Photoshop CC2017 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...