Thursday, May 10, 2018

Mushroom Fairy

For Colour Collective's 'Mink' prompt I eschewed fur coats in favour of mushrooms. About 6 months ago I did a quick little sketch of a mushroom fairy, and I thought I'd try working her up a little:


Being for Colour Collective, she's still a sketch, of course, but now I think she's a lot more interesting, and all that extra background makes her seem properly small.
I think I spent the most time on her hair, and I'm still not happy with it. I think I need to do a bunch of studies of fairy hairstyles...

Here's the original sketch:


The whole thing took me about 2 - 2.5 hours, so I wasn't exactly bothered with everything being perfect. But I had fun, that's the main thing. =) 

Adobe Photoshop CC2018 on a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...