Monday, July 12, 2010

Wedding Cards

Hello to new watchers! =)


I've done quite a lot of wedding and engagement cards recently, so I thought I'd share some of my favourites:



Top to bottom, left to right, we have:
– a wedding card, with the couple raised above the background and embellished with pearlescent confetti glitter. Original illustration done in Adobe Illustrator. The inside read 'Let the magic begin'
– An engagement card, featuring a henna-style motif in pale blue glitter on bronze card.
– An engagement card, hand drawn and hand-cut-out, with embellishments in silver glitter. 
– A wedding card for a farming couple – My client wanted a windmill on it, and she wanted it green, so this is what I came up with. Adobe Illustrator again. The inside read 'May your love for each other be as sunshine and rain upon the land'
– And finally, my most recent wedding card. Hand painted and hand lettered with a dip pen and brown ink, with highlights of watercolour and gold acrylic. Inside read 'Love and laughter. For now. Forever.'

Here's a clearer view of the first card:

And finally, for a bit of variety, here is a baby card, also done recently, but utilising a cleaned-up and modernised version of a stork card I did several years ago. Also Adobe Illustrator, with the clouds making up several layers for a 3d effect. And confetti glitter for embellishment:


I really need to take better photos of my cards – or at least choose days when it isn't windy or very overcast. =P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...