Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sketches: Misc

Today I went to the chiropractor and the dentist – both fine things, I'm sure, but after both I was feeling a little on the mauled side. =P So I slacked off tonight and sketched while watching tv:


My friend's parents are on holiday again (they went to Azerbaijan for Eurovision) so we've been being spoilt with lots of fabulous photos to look at. This is an iPad sketch referencing one of them (originally it had a horse and rider in the foreground, but I wasn't feeling like doing that much detail =P) which was taken on a day trip to Azerbaijan's north. I spent about an hour on this, while watching Dr Alice Robert's documentary Origins of Us. I need to get faster at landscapes.....


I invested in the Posebook iPad app, to try and get myself out of my comfort zone a bit; I want to try and push my drawings a bit further, and thought lots of poses might be a help in making that a reality. This is referenced from one of the expressions in the app. It took me 30 – 40 minutes. 


And finally, a very quick iPad sketch of a child from another northern-Azerbaijan photo, which took all of maybe 10 minutes. 

iPad sketches in Sketchbook Pro with a Wacom Bamboo stylus, sketch in a Moleskine Sketchbook with a 0.5 #B mechanical pencil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...