Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sketch: Southern Belle

Here's a sketch I worked on, on and off, for a week. When I started it I had been intending to sketch something far more adventurous, but I was feeling very stressed and extremely disillusioned with people in general... and so fell back on my default of pretty girls in pretty dresses instead. I could overhear a western my father was watching in another room, involving a pretty girl from the South, so I went with a saintly Southern Belle with magnolia in her hair.


Working on all those frills and curls was very therapeutic. =) It's across 2 pages of an A5 Moleskine sketchbook. 

And the other day I slapped some colour on in Photoshop CS6, as a warm-up for some digital work. I quite like the way the dress came out, but I'm not too enamoured of the rest of it... the colouring took about 40 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...