Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SketchDump: Fashion

I've been suffering from a bit of Artist's Block lately. It doesn't strike very often, but when it does it's always at the most inconvenient of moments, naturally. So here are a few warm-up sketches I've done lately:


I'd been doing a few more 'What I wore' sketches. The quote accompanying this one is "Your hair looks terrible. It's all over the place!" My father is so complimentary. >.< I'm way overdue for a haircut and sometimes curl my hair to keep it out of my face. Here I had thrown on a blazer to dress up my jeans when going out for Thai.
30 minutes, Photoshop CS6.


Just drawing myself is a bit boring, so here's a sketch of the granddaughter of an honorary Aunt and Uncle. She goes to a church school which doesn't have a ball, but I was sent a photo of what she wore for her formal dinner.  
30 minutes, Photoshop CS6.


Another 'What I wore' sketch. This time the quote is "Are you a model?" to which I replied, "Good Heavens, no!" but it's nice to know random little old ladies think I might be (even though that's probably more failing eyesight than anything else =P) My skirt is vintage Sportscraft, which was passed down from my Great Aunt to my mother to me; in reality it looks a lot nicer...
30 minutes, Photoshop CS6. 

 

And here's a speedpaint of Deanna Durbin. I've been watching her movies lately. 
20 minutes, Photoshop CS6.

Finally, here's a peek at my latest needle felting project, very much unfinished:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...