Saturday, May 14, 2016

Blissful Abandon

Another week, another Colour Collective colour - this time it was Light Yellow Glaze, a colour that made me think of spring. 


On lovely days, Myrna likes to roll on the grass. (She also likes to roll in mud when it's been raining and there have been footballers on the oval.... but that wouldn't be a 'yellow' illustration....). She gets greenery stuck in her ears and tail, but she has a lovely time and I'm quite jealous. It looks so blissful and refreshing.

I did google photos of dogs rolling around - it's such a tricky pose - but didn't base this on any one of them. It was hard to get her face and expression right at this angle, though, especially as I was working quite fast - it's been a busy week! I added some butterflies for some extra interest, because why not?

Here's my original sketch. As you can see, I changed her face a bit. 


Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.
Two to three hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...