Thursday, October 12, 2017

Inktober 2017: Week 1

Despite being horrendously busy, I decided that I would take some time for Inktober this year. If you don't know what that is, it's an October challenge on social media, where you draw something in ink every day. Some of the artwork is amazing, go check it out! There is an official prompt list, and a number of people write their own prompt lists - but there are no real rules, and I'm not following any prompts.

I decided to draw really little images each day - just so I can have ten to twenty minutes working with a nice traditional brush pen, on actual paper, on something that doesn't have to be perfect. I'm not pretending to be up there with the people who do a full-blown, amazing illustration every day. I'm too busy for that, for a start! =P

My first week was devoted to this little black kitten:


More under the cut, including a timelapse!


Day 2:


I actually managed to do this one during the day, so I took a timelapse video as well:

A post shared by Alison Mutton (@alene.art) on


Day 3:


Day 4:


Day 5:


This is my favourite, and it's everyone else's favourite as well, I think. It did really well on both Twitter and Instagram, which was nice!

Day 6:


Day 7:


For all of these I used a Pentel Brush Pen and Copic Multiliners in 0.1 and 0.3. And they're across two pages in a Moleskine Watercolour Sketchbook. They are small pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...