Saturday, December 22, 2018

Christmas Cards 2018

This year my Christmas cards referenced some traditional carols. I always tie the two designs I do together somehow, and this year I used a shiny circular motif in sparkly gilding. 


See more below the cut!




The first design I did was inspired by the song "We three Kings or Orient Are". I'd already done the Three Wise Men on Christmas cards, so this year it was just a snooty looking camel. I love drawing camels, especially if they get to have lots of fancy stuff on their saddles!


I got the cards printed at Moo.com as usual, and used cosmic shimmer gilding flakes to add the sparkle.


The second card was inspired by the carol "The Holly and the Ivy"



Here's a close-up of the gilding:


I posted a little video of the gilding flake application to Instagram. Here it is. As you might imagine, by the time I'd done all 100 of the cards there were gilding flakes everywhere.



I did both cards in Adobe Photoshop CC2018 on a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro. They were printed by moo.com, who always do a fabulous job.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...