Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sketch: Merle Oberon


Here we have a pencil sketch of Merle Oberon as Marguerite Blakeney in The Scarlet Pimpernel
A bit wonky, but in my defence, I did draw with the sketchbook balanced on my lap. My Great Aunt packed us off to this year's Ian Constable Lecture, which was Rolf Zinkernagel lecturing "On Regulation  of Immunity and Immunopathology by Antigen". o.O

Now, I am not scientifically-minded enough to understand more than about one word in ten of the lecture, unfortunately, but I listened (albeit rather lost) and sketched away. I had reference pictures of the lovely Merle Oberon with me, as I've been practicing miniature watercolours, and have been doing one of her – so I sketched her as well. She's great fun to draw. =)
I did most of this at the lecture, and (since it finished before I had) spent 15 minutes finishing off the background and touching stuff up when I got home.

0.5 mechanical pencil with B lead in a Moleskine sketchbook. 
1hour, 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...