Monday, December 20, 2010

Sketch: Falconing

I was sent some fabulous pony photos on Saturday, so naturally just had to do some sketching!


Horses have never been a particularly strong subject of mine (I remember drawing a distinctly rotund racehorse at age six =P) but I think this is definitely one of my best efforts. Possibly aided by the fact that this is not a sleek horse, but is allowed to be a bit on the round side.... I tried to keep horse, tack, costume, etc at least vaguely accurate for the early-mid 15th century (without delving into in-depth research, that is)

I'd quite like to take this further, but I'm not sure exactly how, so it's not exactly a priority. 
I'm quite liking where I've got my sketching style to, though – much less stiff than in the past.

0.5 mechanical pencil with #B lead in Moleskine Sketchbook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...