Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sketch: Dr Who in a Tux

Watching the Dr Who episode 'Let's Kill Hitler' last night, the Doctor appeared in a tuxedo. Now, I watch so many 30s movies that a tux is likely to make me go slightly weak at the knees. We don't see enough of them these days. =P Matt Smith is so gangly that I was reminded of Fred Astaire, and whipped this up. 
Doctor 11 and his sonic cane: 


This is in no way marvellous, but I had such fun doing it, so I don't mind the mistakes too much. The pose is inspired (although no longer bears much resemblance to) Fred Astaire's 'I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plan' in The Bandwagon.

Here's the original sketch, done while watching Silent Witness


Original sketch in Jasart 'My Memoirs' sketchbook with a 0.5 mechanical pencil with #B lead. Colour done in Photoshop CS4 with a Wacom Intuos 3.

Dr Who is copyright the BBC. This picture is copyright Alison Mutton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...