Thursday, March 29, 2012

Illustration: Piglets

Here's a quick little illustration I whipped up yesterday and today.


Originally this was a little character study for a minor character in a mini promotional picture book I'm trying to get done (a retelling of the Princess and the Pea, but I do keep being given other things to do =P) but I liked the sketch so much I decided to watercolour it.



And just for fun, here's a different colourway. I was explaining an illustrator's technique to my mother (who had just read a Captain Crabclaw's Crew by Frances Watts and David Legge to her class and was wondering how the pictures were done) and grabbed this, since the sketch was still on my desktop. Very quickly done, under five minutes. 



Painting in Winsor & Newton watercolours and PITT Artists Drawing System pens on random watercolour paper. Sketch 0.5 #B mechanical pencil in Moleskine Sketchbook, digital colouring in Adobe Photoshop CS4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...