Saturday, September 5, 2015

Illustration: Moonlight Becomes You

This week's Colour Collective prompt was 'tea rose', a lovely dusty pink. Continuing with my fadeaway girl theme, I chose the song 'Moonlight Becomes You', written by Jimmy Van Heusen and Johnny Burke for Road to Morocco in 1942, as my inspiration. This is the second week in a row that I've used a song from that team, they must have liked the moon! 


Moonlight becomes you
It goes with your hair
You certainly know the right thing to wear.
Moonlight becomes you
I'm thrilled at the sight
And I could get so romantic tonight.

You're all dressed up to go dreaming
Now don't tell me I'm wrong.
And what a night to go dreaming
Mind if I tag along?

If I say "I love you"
I want you to know
It's not just because there's moonlight, although
Moonlight becomes you so.

Want to hear it? How can we go past Bing Crosby in a clip from Road to Morocco? 

Originally I was planning on having a blonde girl in this image, but once I'd started roughing in some colours I decided that red hair was a more unexpected choice, and really went rather well with the overall image. I think I was channeling Rita Hayworth a bit, and having gone down the bombshell route, I really couldn't resist adding lots and lots of sparkles and chiffon. 

I've now done five Colour Collectives in this series. They're good fun, and an interesting exercise in keeping a whole colour scheme based around one colour, while still getting in enough variation to show shadows and highlights and skintones and everything else. 


Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this collection! Red hair (as in naturally red) is my favourite hair colour, so I particularly like this Fadeaway Girl.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...