Saturday, September 26, 2015

Watercolour Portrait: Ella

My beautiful cousin was married last weekend, and her daughter Ella was one of the flowergirls. I'd already done a watercolour of her cousin Mary, and decided I would do a painting of Ella as well, from one of the photographs I snapped on the day. Not only are such paintings fun to do (especially with such adorable subjects!), but I need samples for a new budget-friendly commission option that I am offering – small watercolour illustration-style portraits of kids. 
Plus I'm still using up my mystery watercolour paper. Still not very fond of it, it leeches out some of the vibrancy of the watercolours, and it's a bit more effort to get them up to where I want them. 



I posted a few in-progress shots to instagram:




Copic Multiliners and Winsor & Newton watercolours with Winsor & Newton Series 7 brushes on mystery unbranded watercolour paper. About 3.5 to 4 hours in total. 

If you'd like to discuss a commission in this style, or any other style I do, both portraiture and illustration, please contact me via my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...