Sunday, September 30, 2018

Misc Sketches

I did my last blog post of miscellaneous sketches back in March, so it's about time for another one!

Let's kick things off with Myrna, done for the 'fool' prompt of the SCBWI West Challenge - my local SCBWI branch has been posting daily sketch topics on Instagram, for people to join in when they want some ideas or inspiration. 


And a Myrna with flowers, for a birthday card for my mother:


More below the cut:


Myrna in a 2-for-1 Colour Collective sketch ('Cocquliquot' and 'Teal'), inspired by all the poppies and other wildflowers we saw while on holiday in the UK.


And an extremely quick Colour Collective 'Peach', done while I was on deadline (so I only had a few minutes)


Listening to Dombey and Son, and getting all Dickensian in my sketching:

Florence being distressed in a Victorian Heroine manner:


And some street urchins:






In Flanders Fields, for ANZAC Day:


And a numbat:


Some of my own characters:

Mariella:






Katia and Adele:





And my nameless little pirate:



Susan Sto Helit, while listening to a Terry Pratchett audiobook:


Some miscellaneous people:








All of these were done in Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 on a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro, and they were all done as a wind-down before I went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...