Saturday, March 30, 2019

Aqua Dog Book Launch

I recently worked on a lovely picture book, Aqua Dog, by Lisa Van Der Wielen. Lisa contacted me to do the illustrations last year, and I loved bringing cheeky, determined Aqua to life, and surrounding him with the stark beauty of the Western Australian Wheatbelt. 


Here is the book trailer:


The book is available in paperback, and also a very lovely hardback, through Amazon. Click here to purchase.

Lisa launched Aqua Dog on the 28th March, and invited me to come along. It was lovely to meet her - we had not previously met in person, as with many of my clients all our correspondence was through email - and she did a lovely job putting the launch together.


See more photos below the cut:





Lisa's sister-in-law had made the amazing Aqua Dog plush - look at him, so hairy, so cute!


There were activities for the kids - colouring pages, decorating paper-cut Aquas and muddle paw print stamping:


I did some live drawing while Lisa read the story. He came out a bit wonky, but no one seemed to mind.




Thanks Lisa for putting together such a nice launch, and for trusting me to bring your picture book vision to life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...