Monday, December 19, 2016

Penguin Christmas Cards

Here are some Custom Christmas cards I created for some friends this year. Late last year they went on a photography trip to Antarctica - we had already ordered the cards before they left, so there was no Antarctica theme (I did a Carnaby Cockatoo instead), but this year they are spreading the penguin love. 


I used a faux woodcut style, to match the cards I did last year. I was given this photograph to use:



Originally the idea was to enlarge the boat behind them, and have it driven (do you drive a boat?) by Father Christmas, but when it came to actually getting the cards done I had a crashing migraine (and I do mean a real one, not just a headache, I'd spent the day throwing up, after the tooth infection and root canal I had also had that week - my time to work on the cards before print deadline rapidly slipped away from me) and I asked if I could do something a bit simpler. So I gave the two penguins a bauble to play with, and reused the background text from last year's card. I'm really rather pleased that we did, the two cards match each other beautifully, I think! 


I did two colour-ways as we got them printed at Moo and wanted to take advantage of the printfinity option:


Adobe Photoshop CC 2016 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2. About 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...